Saturday, July 25, 2009

the final stretch

So, here it is, my last blog post from Uganda. The next time I write will be in the States in about two weeks I guess.

This past week I got sick again with a bacterial infection, so I was only out to teach one day this week. I'm okay now and we were going to go out this morning, but there was a big storm and the rain was too much so the kids wouldn't have even come. So basically, we've got one more week and then we're coming home. We'll do four days of teaching and then a party on the last day for our kids because they are super great.

Uganda hasn't been all sunshine and roses, but hey, what ever is? It hasn't been what I expected it to be, but that's okay. It's been a good learning curve. I will say, there is some heavy duty evaluation of where my life's headed when I get home...and even though I said before that my home is somewhere in Africa, I don't know if that's exactly the way I should put it. I think actually that Africa and I are not done with each other, but I don't know what God's got in store for the future. And it's okay. Step by step, y'know?

Thanks for all your prayers and support...I know I haven't communicated with as many of you as you might like, but I'll be home in a week and a half. If you could keep our health in your prayers this week, that'd be great. Also, for us to be able to work as a team and keep our focus where it should be. I miss you all and hope your summers are going great!

1 comment:

  1. deanie!
    i'm so sorry you got sick! thats such a bummer... i'm glad that you're doing better now though.
    i can't wait to talk to you more about your trip. i'm so excited to see you and i miss youuuuu! i hope you have a good last couple of weeks.
    love you,
    heide

    ReplyDelete