The cross cultural team spent two days in Budumbuli, the village where I will be working for the rest of the summer, playing with the kids and experiencing the life they lead there. It could break your heart if you're not ready for it, and even then it'll break something. The kids are beyond precious and you can tell they have an extreme lack of physical affection or much love of any kind besides discipline and respect. I can't wait to work with them...Uganda is incredible. I'll admit I came in with some absurd expectations for the country and her people, but not only has God shattered those, but he has graciously opened my eyes to see things for how they really are. This is something I am continually learning how to do.
Weebale is the word for "thank you" in Luganda, and Yesu (spelling?) is the word for "Jesus."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment